FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multitrack export too short

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Jordan
Multitrack export too short
on Mar 25, 2014 at 9:40:56 pm

I'm creating a radio/tv spot. My music cut is a little shorter than 30, but I've added natural sound tracks that end exactly at 30 seconds. However, when I export the file, it comes out about a half second short. I need to make the file exactly 30 seconds so that I can send it out. Does anyone know why Audition would make the file a little short? Is there something I can do to force it to be exactly 30? I tried making a duration marker with the same result. I'm using Audition CC on a 2012 MacPro running Mavericks.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Multitrack export too short
on Mar 26, 2014 at 5:07:11 pm

You might want to try Time Stretching. You can lengthen the runtime without altering the pitch:

https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/time-stretching

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
on Mar 26, 2014 at 5:09:40 pm

Thanks. I did try that- I stretched it out to 30 seconds. Does Audition only export audio above a certain threshold? If I'm fading the sound down, it seems to cut off before the actual end of the audio clip. I've added fades to the end of all my audio tracks, but the actual end of each clip is exactly at 30 seconds.

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
on Mar 27, 2014 at 8:33:11 pm

Mitch,

Try this:

Make your spot exactly 30 sec. Use the Time Selection Tool to select all track clips, making sure your selection leaves a second or 2 to spare at the end of the piece, like this:

Then Export the session using: File/Export/Multitrack Mixdown/Time Selection ...

Now grab the bounced file and open it in the Audition Editor. Trim the end of the piece until your edit is exactly 30 sec. Then save out the file.

-paul.

Return to posts index

Dennis Callan
on Apr 3, 2014 at 6:31:38 pm

Thanks for that tip about including extra empty time at the end of an audio take. This also applies to using a mic to record narration, which was causing me grief with various takes chopped off prematurely -- I thought I was being efficient to hit stop as soon as I finished talking, uh uh. Now the trick is to know how many seconds to wait before hitting stop, because I don't want a long empty tale on my sound bite. I googled around and you were the only source of a fool-proof solution, thanks. Then my wife said, "why didn't you ask me, it happens with Audacity all the time?"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]