FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Adobe Audition to make voiceover clips recorded on different dates sound the same?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom SmithUsing Adobe Audition to make voiceover clips recorded on different dates sound the same?
by on Mar 5, 2014 at 5:44:56 am

I am working on a project that includes a voiceover. We recorded takes on one date and the person decided he wanted to redo them with extra dialogue, so we did. The thing is now the new recording sounds different than the old recordings but I need to use bits and pieces of dialogue from each session to piece together the final voiceover track.

Obviously the reason for this is because the person was standing at different distances from the mic each time, so now one recording feels a bit too bassy. However I used some simple bass reduction and it's just not cutting it. I had the idea to take each clip into Adobe Audition and place the multiband compressor effect on them and just play the clip so i can see where the frequencies lie when the effect gives a map of them of sorts. This is actually showing to be less helpful than I thought though. The map looks way too similar. What I hoped to do was just match the clips that needed changing to the ones I like.

So what I am wondering is if anyone knows how to truly go about matching the feel of clips to one another?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Using Adobe Audition to make voiceover clips recorded on different dates sound the same?
by on Mar 8, 2014 at 12:24:09 am

Short of EQ'ing the various clips, which should help somewhat, you can also do volume matching:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/audition/cs/using/WS1321CAC4-3974-4e2a-AC94-F92...

I think this will also help you out:

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]