Advertising voice effect

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Bahena
Advertising voice effect
on Feb 12, 2014 at 4:58:59 am

Hi,

This my first post.

I'm working on an ad and I'm having trouble to explain to the person in charge of the sound how to achieve, well rather what kind of deep voice I want.

This the classic kind of voice we want:

Regards,

Ricardo.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Advertising voice effect
on Feb 12, 2014 at 3:41:59 pm

The classic deep advertising voice has nothing to do with effects. It is based on hiring a voice talent who has, in the industry parlance, "The Voice of God". Those who have that voice make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, and are in great demand. If it could be achieved with an effect, everyone would be doing it, and the people with the talent would be out in the street.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Ricardo Bahena
on Feb 12, 2014 at 8:57:21 pm

I know. The thing is that we have a good talent, but I know a little to nothing about audio. I just want him to sound deeper.

This a tutorial where somebody does kinda what I want, but he uses Reason.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Feb 13, 2014 at 5:08:57 pm

If you follow along on the tutorial you posted, there isn't anything I can see that you can't do with Audition, short of the specific Maximizer plugin, which of course you can add, as a VST plugin to Audition, if you have 250 dollars to throw around. The only difference you'll find is that Audition doesn't have the skeuomorphic interface design you see with Reason. But if you walk your way through the tutorial, and apply similar settings in Audition, you can get very close. It's time to learn something about audio, and simply mimicking the settings shown in the tutorial is a good way to start.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]