FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition functionality vs. Premiere - what to use

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian DawleyAudition functionality vs. Premiere - what to use
by on Jan 8, 2014 at 11:41:30 pm

Hello,

Forgive me as I have yet to go through an overview of Audition but could anyone let me know what to expect if I were to cut dialogue in Audition vs. doing it in Premiere? Has anyone used both? I like the speed and functionality of a Picture NLE for audio with the slip, slide, roll, nudge, duplicate, "reveal clip in project" shortcuts and tools. I'm just seeing if Audition users feel it's lacking anything vs. Premiere. Again, I'm seeking to simply edit dialogue as all Music & Effects be done with an audio engineer in a later step. This would be for an ongoing animation project so I will have no picture ref btw. Thanks in advance!

Brian

Return to posts index

Rob FreseRe: Audition functionality vs. Premiere - what to use
by on Oct 20, 2014 at 6:51:49 pm

I'm in the same boat as you and it seems nobody wants to comment on this / admit that Audition sucks for this type of thing. Audition is clunky for those of us used to NLEs where you can blaze around with keyboard shortcuts. Audition lacks keyboard shortcuts for many basic basic things. It's great for hardcore audio tweaking and such, but so is ProTools, and ProTools lets you dance around without ever touching the mouse. Audition, not so much.

I'm cutting together dialogue for an animation myself and I'm sticking with Premiere -- it's clearly not built for audio, but I can move around so much faster and stay so much more organized (re: organized, you can't even group files in audition file browser into folders -- what?!?!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]