FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio dropping out during playback

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin CarlsonAudio dropping out during playback
by on Oct 16, 2013 at 5:07:03 pm

Hi,

I'm working on a multi track session, and I'm hearing the audio drop out. Most times it's just a few "frames" at a time, but occuring frequently. It sounds like maybe my computer isn't keeping up and it's not able to play smoothly. Occasionally it will drop out completely.

It seems to happen after it's been playing for a while, say 20 or 30 seconds. When I stop and go back over a section it is smooth.

Again, if there is some sort of buffer or cache that is filling up and at that point not able to process right but when I stop playback it can start over, that would make sense, but I can't find anything like that to explain it.

I haven't had the issue with other very similar episodes, and I have a pretty decent computer so I'm surprised to be having an issue.

Let me know if you can help or if you need more info.

MacPro OS 10.8.5
2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
17 GB 1066 MHz DDR3

Return to posts index

Erin O'KeefeRe: Audio dropping out during playback
by on Aug 27, 2014 at 10:43:19 pm

Hi Kevin,

I just went through trouble-shooting this same issue when trying to record audio directly into Audition. The source of the problem turned out to be the fact that my project files were being saved on an external drive. My computer could handle the tracking bandwidth necessary just fine, but sending the signal through the USB port to the external drive was inadequate and ended up leaving little dropouts in audio. Saving to my internal drive fixed the issue.

You might also try shutting off any CPU-intensive programs that could be running in the background. Any cloud-sync programs (like dropbox) or auto-updaters can be a resource drain when trying to do something that requires a lot of processing speed.

Hope that helps.

-Erin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]