FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem - Canon native audio mixed with Mackie and Audition = bad Youtube audio

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lloyd RicheyProblem - Canon native audio mixed with Mackie and Audition = bad Youtube audio
by on Sep 22, 2013 at 3:23:33 pm

Filmed a "music video" using various mics on a Mackie Onyx board at a 44100 sample rate (highest offered). Edited the audio in Audition CS6 and video in Premiere Pro CS6.

Filmed a little skit after using a shotgun mic running straight into my Canon Rebel T3i at 48khz sample rate (default setting). Enhanced the audio in Audition and was forced to convert the Canon audio to 44100.

All video was combined into the same Premiere Pro timeline. All parts of the audio sounded fine on:
The final raw exported file
The compressed file ("youtube" setting on Adobe Encoder)
The uploaded file on youtube viewing from a Windows 7 pc through Chrome and Internet Explorer
My Ipad 1st Gen
Cell phones USING headphones

Here's the catch. When watching from a phone (like most people did)(every phone it seems) through the phones native speakers, the audio from the skit that came from the native Canon audio sounds like alien gibberish. During this skit there is a violin part I dropped in that was already 44100 that sounds fine.

This was really embarrassing. I didn't even think of this possibility and didn't test it on a phone. Before I spend days/weeks changing each variable, exporting, uploading, then again and again, are there any obvious wrong-doings here?

If I'm allowed to add links, here is the video to try for yourself:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]