FORUMS: list search recent posts

How would I slow a song to stop (ramp)?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Pickering
How would I slow a song to stop (ramp)?
on Jul 18, 2013 at 5:07:00 am

I have some music which needs to come to an abrupt awkward stop. Usually I use a record scratch to stop the music. However, in this project I've already used it just a few moments before, so I think slowing it to a stop would be more effective.

I suppose I could do it in AE using Time Remapping...

Return to posts index

Stephen Pickering
Re: How would I slow a song to stop (ramp)?
on Jul 18, 2013 at 5:20:03 am

Ah, time-remapping in AE doesn't let me hold it when it gets too slow- it just goes silent. I would like it to drone (is that the word?) for a second before it fades to silence.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jul 18, 2013 at 2:34:09 pm

Sure - create the drone ending separately, then cut or fade it in as you need it. Since it's a drone, no one will notice the difference, as long as it's in the same key as the music.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Corbin Gross
on Jul 24, 2013 at 9:01:49 pm

You could use either a tape stop or an abrupt cut with a delay.

Here's a link to a video explaining a tape stop style use of the pitch shift. I'm sure you can figure out how to make an echo though.

Of course depending on how ridiculous you want to be there's always something totally irrelevant like breaking glass or a dog barking that can be funny. I was watching this show, Moon Boy, the other day and they bleeped out some curs words with a banjo, recently found by the main character and totally unrelated to the story. It was fantastic. Not that your editing naughty words, but you get the idea.

Corbin Gross | SANMAR
Photographer/Videographer | Marketing
22833 SE Black Nugget Road | Issaquah, WA 98029
206.727.5501 x5237
http://www.sanmar.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]