FORUMS: list search recent posts

Post audio in Audition?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat McGowan
Post audio in Audition?
on Jul 8, 2013 at 7:34:27 pm

We are a multi-seat CS6 and now, CC house. Still running a dozen seats of FCP 7 and Pro tools as well. Q: is anyone actually using Audition for audio post? Comments? Tips n tricks? Opinions?

Pat McGowan
President, inMotion DVS Inc.
Ottawa, Canada
ARRI Alexas, Canon C300s, Canon C500s
Final Cut Pro (12 seats), CS6(4 seats), CC for Teams (10 seats), C4D
Small-Tree GraniteSTOR 32TB RAID

Return to posts index

Richard Kuenneke
Re: Post audio in Audition?
on Jul 9, 2013 at 2:52:38 am

I too am interested in this question. I do not use Pro Tools - and the toolset in FCPX for audio is not as nice as I think I need.

Rich

Return to posts index

Pat McGowan
on Jul 9, 2013 at 5:00:18 pm

crickets.....

Pat McGowan
President, inMotion DVS Inc.
Ottawa, Canada
ARRI Alexas, Canon C300s, Canon C500s
Final Cut Pro (12 seats), CS6(4 seats), CC for Teams (10 seats), C4D
Small-Tree GraniteSTOR 32TB RAID

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jul 9, 2013 at 6:53:30 pm

The crickets just left for a union lunch break:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-at-nab-2012/audio-workflows-in-video-produc...

This video starts out a bit basic, but moves on to some of the really powerful DAW features that Audition provides in league with PPro.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Jul 10, 2013 at 3:48:28 am

Hi Pat,

I'm using it more and more now that we are switching over from FCP to CS6. I've only scratched the surface of it and found the things I need the most, Noise canceling, mastering VO's and cleaning up interviews. The round tripping of sequences in an out of Premiere is seamless. Once you've cleaned up your audio in Audition, you can mix down to a single file or keep full length stems of your sequence audio. I'm working on a 3 camera multi-cam show for air on friday and have had to round trip multiple versions of a sequence and no major issues. The hour long show has 7 segments and I can bounce in and out of Audition, apply my filters and bounce right back. There is some building and XMLing going on in the background so if you need to change something, just re-send your sequence and rename the file if you don't want to over write previous work. I have had an occasional crash, but it seems pretty rock solid. You can ad VST 3rd party filters if you use them in your other applications. The new CC version comes with loudness radar for broadcast spec, so it will be helpful when and if we move to CC in the future. Overall I like what it has to offer and will be using it in all my upcoming broadcast shows to clean up and improve audio going forward.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]