FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting child voice

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eman GadGetting child voice
by on Jun 20, 2013 at 7:40:32 pm

Hi all;
I have a teacher recorded sound and I need a child voice to repeat what the teacher is saying exactly.
I've used raise pitch filter on the teacher sound files to get child voice, But the resulted voice is sharp.
How can I get child voice whith good quality and not sharp.
I hope any one can help me.
Thanks in advance;
Eman Gad

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Getting child voice
by on Jun 20, 2013 at 11:55:52 pm

Not to be funny, but, get a child to do it. It's the only way it's going to be convincing. The structure of a child's vocal cords, the size of their head and nasal cavity, in which the voice resounds, give a child's voice an entirely different tambour, which I don't think you can approximate with simple a pitch change.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Jason FooteRe: Getting child voice
by on Jun 22, 2013 at 8:55:49 pm

This may be an obvious solution, but is there any way you could get a recording of a child reading it? I feel like there are a lot of differences between an adult's voice and a child's voice, and it would be hard to make it sound like a child through digital manipulation.

Return to posts index

Bill StephanRe: Getting child voice
by on Jun 24, 2013 at 10:12:33 pm

Adult female actors usually do the voice-over work where a child's voice is required.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Corbin GrossRe: Getting child voice
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 9:09:04 pm

I don't know the age you're looking for or how realistic you want the recording to be, but I'd suggest a child deliver the lines as well.

If it were me, I'd have the teacher's recording playing for the child in headphones. Then they can repeat exactly how they hear it without too much instruction. If you put each line in a separate MP3 file you could easily play them repeatedly and on to the next once you're happy with the performance.

Try to duplicate the recording conditions if you want the recording to sound like they're actually together.

If you're doing something more like a skit or reading, you could just have the talent "do" a kids voice. I think that would sound better than an effect.

Corbin Gross | SANMAR
Photographer/Videographer | Marketing
22833 SE Black Nugget Road | Issaquah, WA 98029
206.727.5501 x5237
http://www.sanmar.com

Return to posts index

Stoph StophRe: Getting child voice
by on Dec 29, 2014 at 6:39:16 pm

Apparently none of the responders have heard of South Park. Roll off as much bass as you can and pitch up 3.5 semitones. If you try and speak with less bass in your voice (use your head voice without going falsetto) you can get good results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]