FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition Being A Jerk With Sample Rates + Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane Newville
Audition Being A Jerk With Sample Rates + Premiere
on May 31, 2013 at 5:55:36 pm

I decided to use Audition to edit and mix the final audio from a Premiere session. I exported my sequence and everything came over wonderfully....kind of.

In Premiere I am using sound effects with different sample rates. It's just how they came across from previous SFX libraries. As a result, Audition has decided it wants to make anything that is not already 48k sound like total low quality trash. I had to go through one by one and replace every sound effect the same exacy sound effect imported from the Explorer just to get it to sound the way it is supposed to sound.

I finally finished editing and mixing. Then exported the mixdown.
Everything matched up perfectly to the preview video in Audition.
But when I bring that mixdown into Premeire there are random sounds effects that are way out of time and missing their cue. It makes no sense other than Audition is a big fat jerk.

It is too late to fix anything for this project since I am having to do so much last minute work to fix what Audition destroyed.

I would like to know why it is doing this. But at the same time, I can't afford to use it and have it hurt my time sensative productions like this again.

Time to switch to something reliable like Cool Edit Pro 2. ...or FL Studio...maybe Pro Tools.

ShaneNewville.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]