FORUMS: list search recent posts

Combining 2 mono tracks to 1 stereo

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George StrCombining 2 mono tracks to 1 stereo
by on Apr 12, 2013 at 1:25:43 pm

In Audition 6 I want to combine 2 mono tracks into one stereo track where each mono track play only on one side. When I Export Multitrack Session as stereo I get both tracks on both channels. What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Combining 2 mono tracks to 1 stereo
by on Apr 12, 2013 at 6:40:55 pm

I'm trying to understand why you want to do this - do you have a music track and voice track and want to have them play in separate speakers, or through separate channels?

At any rate, try this:

Make a new stereo file and then just copy and paste your mono files into the left and right channels of the new stereo one. You can select which channel to be active when you paste by clicking on the grey L or R buttons to the right of the track or by Enable Channels in the Edit menu or by double left clicking the top of the Left channel or bottom of Right channel or by keyboard shortcuts.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Lukas PearseRe: Combining 2 mono tracks to 1 stereo
by on Apr 18, 2013 at 4:37:40 am

Is there a way to do this in fewer moves?

It is actually a very common issue for me, getting an OMF from a video editor, which splits everything into mono tracks. It is tedious to have to apply the same effects to each channel, and any clip gain needs to be repeated even if they are grouped.

Perhaps when Audition acquires the ability to join clips in CS6.5, this will be one of the ways?

composer - media artist - sound for film

PowerMac 2.6 ghz 16GB, Macbook Pro 2.3ghz, 4 GB, G5 2.4 ghz 12 GB, G4 1.5 886mhz 1.5 GB, MOTU - M-AUDIO - AVID audio interfaces, Matrox MX02 Mini, Logic Studio 9, FCP 7, MAX/MSP/Jitter, Ableton LIve

Return to posts index

Ulf GrünbaumRe: Combining 2 mono tracks to 1 stereo
by on May 14, 2013 at 8:00:07 pm

I'm having the exact same problem, having imported an OMF from Avid where music and stereo SFX come split into mono tracks . Evaluated Audition 6 as a light option to Pro Tools, and next week I'm holding a workshop for Premiere editors. Forgot to look into this little detail, and now I'm starting to panic a little...

Pro Tools: select the two mono regions, hold shift or ctrl and drag and drop onto the stereo track – done.

Audition: No clue. What are the options? Is there any fast way to control volume envelopes and FX on two mono tracks simultaniously?

Return to posts index

Ulf GrünbaumRe: Combining 2 mono tracks to 1 stereo
by on May 14, 2013 at 8:16:24 pm

I'm having the exact same problem, having imported an OMF from Avid where music and stereo SFX come split into mono tracks . Evaluated Audition 6 as a light option to Pro Tools, and next week I'm holding a workshop for Premiere editors. Forgot to look into this little detail, and now I'm starting to panic a little...

Pro Tools: select the two mono regions, hold shift or ctrl and drag and drop onto the stereo track – done.

Audition: No clue. What are the options? Is there any fast way to control volume envelopes and FX on two mono tracks.

Return to posts index

Rob WilsonRe: Combining 2 mono tracks to 1 stereo
by on Apr 11, 2015 at 12:33:37 am

I know this thread has been inactive for a long time, but this question has been bugging me for a while, especially because of exporting an OMF from my video editor. However, I've found a simple & fast solution:

https://helpx.adobe.com/audition/using/clip-volume-matching-fading-mixing.h...

Basically, you make sure each mono track has their respected L100 or R100 pan, then select both clips, then go to Multitrack > Bounce To New Track > Selected Clips Only. Voila, 2 mono tracks into 1 stereo.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]