FORUMS: list search recent posts

In Audition CS6 how do you apply effects to multitrack audio? (Coming from Premiere Sequence)

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aza Allen
In Audition CS6 how do you apply effects to multitrack audio? (Coming from Premiere Sequence)
on Apr 12, 2013 at 10:17:51 am

I have a long clip that I've cut into a sequence in Premiere CS6 and exported to Audition for editing...

It comes in as a multi-track sequence, and since the audio is all from the same clip, I just want to apply the same effects to them all, BUT when I do that the effects go to the FX Rack and doesn't get applied to the clip, and I see no way to apply the FX to the clips!

Can someone help me out here, I don't wanna have to go into each clip if I don't have to, since I have a lot....

Thanks all!
Aza

My portfolio can be seen at http://www.ruesterprod.com
My personal website is http://www.azaallen.com

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: In Audition CS6 how do you apply effects to multitrack audio? (Coming from Premiere Sequence)
on Apr 13, 2013 at 6:14:00 am

You have three ways of applying effects in multitrack mode:

For individual tracks you can apply effects in the effects rack with the "Track Effects" button selected.

For individual clips in multitrack mode you can select a clip and apply effects in the effects rack with the "Clip Effects" button selected.

For the entire composition you can add effects to the master track (the track at the bottom that doesn't allow clips) in the effects rack with the "Track Effects" button selected.

These effects will not be reflected instantly in Premiere. Go to Menu > Multitrack > Export to Premiere Pro. You can then print your audio (print is the term in the audio world akin to render, comes from the old "print to tape") so it applies your effects and it'll stick it in your active timeline in Premiere.

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks
Can your post production question fit in a tweet? Follow me on Twitter

Return to posts index

Deep Biswas
Re: In Audition CS6 how do you apply effects to multitrack audio? (Coming from Premiere Sequence)
on Apr 22, 2013 at 10:45:47 am

Hello. how would you add effects on a selection of a clip in a track? Every time I add an effect in clip effect it applies to a whole clip. How to add effect on part or selection of that clip? help.

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
on Apr 22, 2013 at 8:55:45 pm

Use the cut/razor tool to separate that portion of the clip and cross fade to blend if needed.

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks
Can your post production question fit in a tweet? Follow me on Twitter

Return to posts index

Tom Kam
on Mar 25, 2014 at 5:38:05 am

I'm using CS6, I applied an EQ to a clip in a track. I want to render it to the file (since it's prompting me to do so when i try to save the project). But there is no apply button in the effects rack. When I switch from multitrack to waveform view, then the apply button appears -- but now the EQ effect disappears from the effects rack and APPLY is greyed out (the clip is still selected and it's file name is reflected in the effects rack. There appears to be no way for me to apply the effect to the file.
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]