FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question on film/video soundtrack mixing with special effects

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl EndresQuestion on film/video soundtrack mixing with special effects
by on Apr 8, 2013 at 2:18:20 am

Hi, hoping someone with some experience in mixing for films could help me on this. Let me try and be as specific as possible:

1) The video I am doing is all animated, no character voices. But it has a music track running throughout the video. When I originally put it on the timeline, I lowered it to -12db.

2) I then started adding a ton (over a hundred) sound effects. Everything from explosions, to footsteps, aircraft noise ect..
all of the sound effects are mixed good with the current music track (at -12db)

3) Explosions and such go pretty close to 0 db, but everything else falls quite a bit lower.

4) If you just look at the overall .wav file in audition, I would say 75% of the sound effects max out at -6b, music is at -12db and there is some things of course that fall in between. But there are only 3 (five sec or less) explosions.

My questions /concerns are...

1) While the current mix sounds good, I know that the overall volume level should be amplified... but based on the above... what would be your recommendation?

2) If it is amplified in audition... than surely the explosions are going to clip above 0db. After I amplify..should I then normalize, and if so...what amount would you recommend?

3) The bottom line is I want this to sound good whether people are watching it on some laptop, or thru a tv with.

I need to get this sorted out by tomorrow, so any quick help would sure be appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]