FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any usable functions in "Playlist" looking to Export/insert into track from playlist

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geir Magnusson
Any usable functions in "Playlist" looking to Export/insert into track from playlist
on Mar 12, 2013 at 7:44:00 pm

Hello everyone, My name is Geir, I recently started working at a NPR radiostation in Southampton NY, mixing shows doing short segments, station ID's etc. I love working with Audition, but I'm rather frustrated on lack of flexibility that I find, working with in "edit" and now my newly discovered "Playlist" feature.
Here are my Q (and problems)

Can I export the sequence in my playlist into a file ?

If not, can I export/insert the markers into a new track/multi track?

So here is what I am trying to accomplish. In this particular file I have someone doing a voice over. So the file it self is only about 2 min. I created markers around the sound bites I wanted, put them in the playlist, rearanged the order, and it sounds perfect. Now if I only could save/export/insert that sequence I would be thrilled. At the moment I am cleaning up the file. Then pull it into multi track, cut it, then piece it together. Thats taking a long time and as I need to do quite a few of these I would love to know if anyone has an anser to my above questions.
Thank you for taking your time to give me your feedback.

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Any usable functions in "Playlist" looking to Export/insert into track from playlist
on Mar 14, 2013 at 5:27:49 am

No, unfortunately. The playlist is purely for previewing with no export functionality. It allows you to edit something together non-destructively.

I would use the playlist as a guide, open a new file, and in the order of your playlist select and past cue markers from your original file to build your new file. Cumbersome, but still probably faster than any implementation in multitrack mode.

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks
Can your post production question fit in a tweet? Follow me on Twitter

Return to posts index

Geir Magnusson
Re: Any usable functions in "Playlist" looking to Export/insert into track from playlist
on Mar 15, 2013 at 12:41:51 am

Thank you for taking time to answer my question.

All my best,
Geir

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]