FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stereo audio problem with FCP 7

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Jordan
Stereo audio problem with FCP 7
on Feb 12, 2013 at 6:50:33 pm

I'm transitioning to Adobe since the death of FCP 7, and I'm learning to use Adobe Audition in place of Soundtrack Pro. I've created a multitrack mix in Audition, and now I want to bring the final mix into Final Cut Pro. I exported a multitrack mixdown from Audition as a .aiff file. It should be a stereo file, however FCP sees it as mono. I reopened the mix in Audition and Quicktime Player 7 and both see a stereo file. Does anyone know why FCP sees the file as mono?

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
Re: Stereo audio problem with FCP 7
on Feb 12, 2013 at 7:48:22 pm

Ok, I think I solved my own problem. I was dragging the audio to the timeline in FCP. If you double click the clip into the viewer, you see there are actually 2 mono files in an .aif or 1 stereo pair in a .wav. Do an overwrite edit, and all's well. Apparently dragging it to the timeline only brought one channel.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Feb 14, 2013 at 6:41:21 pm

Thanks for the solution, Mitch. This could come in handy for a lot of people.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Scott Clements
on Apr 9, 2013 at 11:48:18 am

I don't think the overwrite method is the solution, because when I loaded a stereo aiff from Audition into FCP 7 viewer and overwrote to the timeline, there was a slight phasing issue (my mix was one track of a presenter speaking) However, when I brought in a .wav stereo file from Audition and did the same, the phasing was gone. I heard Larry Jordan say that it's better to export .wav files

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]