FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost Lav Audio, need to clean up on board cam audio

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Kitter
Lost Lav Audio, need to clean up on board cam audio
on Feb 10, 2013 at 7:28:25 pm

lost my audio files from my lav and to save myself from a reshoot I want to see if I can salvage the on board camera mic audio,

Needless to say it sucks, there is a room tone hum, a slight echo and I need to warm up the voice as it sounds a lil tinny.

I am brand new to Audition but have gone through some tutorials on these issues but going solo on a new program I have not come close to fixing this audio.

So far I have used the noise reduction with some mild success, when I get it to where the Bg noise is gone there is so much digital distortion on the vocal that its pretty much useless, best I can do is a minor adjustment which isn't enough for this audio to be passable.

Any tips or workflow suggestions, tutorials, anything would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Lost Lav Audio, need to clean up on board cam audio
on Feb 11, 2013 at 1:55:40 am

Have you tried Normalizing the clip? You should do any sound floor reduction (hum, etc.) first. Try going light on the noise reduction, then Normalize - this may save the day. Most likely it's the distance from the camera mic that's killing the quality - or maybe the quality of the on-camera mic.

Did you sample the noise floor, then remove that from the audio? It sounds as if you did. Try a lighter pass on that, as I said above, and you may bet better results.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Adam Kitter
Re: Lost Lav Audio, need to clean up on board cam audio
on Feb 12, 2013 at 4:06:37 am

Thanks Joe, I appreciate the advice

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved