FORUMS: list search recent posts

settings for audio recording in audition cs6

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason zaloga
settings for audio recording in audition cs6
on Jan 25, 2013 at 6:44:49 am

I'm trying to record audio from a microphone using Audition CS6. I have a few setup questions. When I record in Audition it seems to record and playback in one channel (mono) I think. Should I be changing the settings in order to get stereo or is this done after (converting). I'm using a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 audio interface. I believe all my settings are good but not sure. When I make a new file in Audition the settings are 48k bit rate, stereo for the channel and bit depth is 24. My midi settings are saffire but I'm not sure about the Audition channel mapping properties. Or is everything normal and I later convert it to stereo.
Any help and pointers welcome.

Return to posts index

Durin Gleaves
Re: settings for audio recording in audition cs6
on Feb 21, 2013 at 10:51:29 pm

Hi Jason,

Microphones are generally mono devices, so recording to or creating a "stereo" file simply duplicates the content on both channels and wastes disk space as well as limits how you can mix and pan that file if you choose to use it in a multitrack session. (Mono files can be truly panned to any point in the stereo field while stereo files can only be balanced.)

---
Durin Gleaves
Adobe Audition

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]