FORUMS: list search recent posts

going crazy, trying to replace audio in .mp4 file.

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan Manngoing crazy, trying to replace audio in .mp4 file.
by on Jan 17, 2013 at 8:26:53 am

so this is the story :

i have a video which had a bad humming sound made by the mic, so i processed it in audition cs6 and wanted to export it just to replace the audio (originally AAC) in the .mp4 video file.

who knew, audition doesn't have an option to do that! it only allows me to save as an audio file.

Can anyone point me to an easier way to just replace the audio in the video, without transcoding everything again?

i tried virtualdub for direct stream copy, but it was too much work and it doesn't do DSC despite having the mp4 plugin for it. it also crashes halfway through when i select full-processing mode for the video.

please recommend me another method!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: going crazy, trying to replace audio in .mp4 file.
by on Jan 23, 2013 at 5:10:40 pm

If I get you correctly, you're working on your MP4 file in Audition. It has video and audio. You do the necessary processes to take out the hum. Why don't you just save the file - this will save the corrected audio within the MP4. Maybe I'm not getting something here...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Dylan MannRe: going crazy, trying to replace audio in .mp4 file.
by on Jan 23, 2013 at 11:50:47 pm

that's right. when i save, it only saves the audio as a mp3, it doesn't just help me to REPLACE the existing audio track within my video. am i doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: going crazy, trying to replace audio in .mp4 file.
by on Jan 24, 2013 at 12:11:13 am

You're sure you're not doing a Save As? I tried this myself with a video clip with audio in Audition (not an .mp4), and it saved the file just fine (video and audio) along with the changes I had made.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Dylan MannRe: going crazy, trying to replace audio in .mp4 file.
by on Jan 24, 2013 at 1:39:03 am

yup, i tried all permutations possible - none allows me to simply replace the audio within my video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]