FORUMS: list search recent posts

Soundbooth won't save cue points (markers)

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathy Lewis
Soundbooth won't save cue points (markers)
on Dec 6, 2012 at 2:29:05 pm

Hello,

I'm using Soundbooth CS5 version and, quite suddenly, Soundbooth stopped accepting cue points (also called markers). Can someone please tell me why this is?

Somethings I noticed:

1. I have 150 markers in place. I can put more in place, but if I do a "save", close the file, then open the file - any cue points (markers) after the 150th, are not there. However, if I do a "save" and then "export markers", close the file, open the file and "import" the markers file, all of the markers will be present.

2. It's not that the entire application is corrupt, because I opened a brand new file and set a few cue points (markers) and then saved, closed, and reopened that file and all the cue points were there. This is what led me to believe that Soundbooth has an actual hard-limit of 150 markers it'll save for any given file.

WORK AROUND:

1. For anyone looking for a workaround I suggest saving the file and then exporting your cue points/markers, then opening the sound file again and importing the cue points/markers xml file for that sound file.

Can someone please tell me if Soundbooth has an actual limit of 150 cue points (markers) before it stops saving them to the file? And if this is the case, is there a way to internally change that number?

Does anyone out there know how to fix this problem so exporting and importing the markers is not necessary? I would like to just hit "save" and be done with it.

Thanks

KL

Return to posts index

Durin Gleaves
Re: Soundbooth won't save cue points (markers)
on Dec 7, 2012 at 7:18:11 pm

Hi Kathy,

I just tried to reproduce this issue and did not have any luck. A WAV file with over 200 markers saved and re-opened fine. I didn't see any missing markers and I'm not aware of any limitation to the marker metadata. Which format are you saving your files?

---
Durin Gleaves
Adobe Audition

Return to posts index

Kathy Lewis
Re: Soundbooth won't save cue points (markers)
on Dec 13, 2012 at 2:46:28 pm

Hi there Durin,

Thanks for responding.

I'm on a mac. I downloaded my audio file from my Olympus, which records in WMA format. I turn the WMA into an MP3, and now I have this problem.

Thanks so much,

KL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]