FORUMS: list search recent posts

Roundtrip from Premiere to Audition multiple times

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark LasloRoundtrip from Premiere to Audition multiple times
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 10:15:59 pm

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been covered, I could not find much in the way of my problem.

In the past I have worked mostly with soundtrack pro, and I am now transitioning to Audition CS6. One of the features that seems to be different is that in Soundtrack if you did a sound edit, and then had to make a picture edit, you could use conform projects to quickly merge the changes between the old and new version

From what I have seen in Audition once you make a change in premiere you have to start a new mix in audition, with no way to carry over the work from the previous sound edit. The only way I can see around this is to export each clip from audition as a stem, but this keeps you locked in to the effect choices you made the first time around. I feel like I must be missing something. Can anybody point me to any resources that could help me out?

Thanks!
Mark

Return to posts index

Durin GleavesRe: Roundtrip from Premiere to Audition multiple times
by on Dec 7, 2012 at 7:23:04 pm

Hi Mark,

Audition does not yet offer the ability to conform changes in your NLE timeline to an existing session and the current interchange solution was designed for a post-picture lock environment. We have features in our backlog to address this shortcoming.

If you send stems or a rendered mixdown back to Premiere, you can always right-click on the clip and choose "Edit Original" which will give you the option of opening the Audition multitrack session which created it. You can render and insert a new reference video into the Audition session and make edits, but obviously this is not an ideal workflow.

While we're discussing this, was there anything about the Final Cut <> SoundTrack Pro conforming functionality that you disliked, or liked very much? When we investigate and begin designing this feature, I'd like to make certain we offer the best experience we can.

Thanks,
Durin

---
Durin Gleaves
Adobe Audition

Return to posts index

Richard LiRe: Roundtrip from Premiere to Audition multiple times
by on Dec 10, 2013 at 12:25:26 am

Hi Durin

I just found this thread today and I am wondering if Audition has added this conforming feature lately.

Thanks

Richard Li

Return to posts index

Peter StaubsRe: oundtrip from Premiere to Audition multiple times
by on Mar 28, 2014 at 9:11:02 pm

Any luck with making this happen, it's been 2 years already. Come on

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]