FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question on proper workflow to master sound for a film in Audition

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Smith
Question on proper workflow to master sound for a film in Audition
on Nov 27, 2012 at 11:22:00 pm

Ok so basically I have a 4 minute film in which i need to master the audio. I have a few quesions as to how to best go about this.

1: Some of the clips came with 2 tracks off the camera yet they are both labeled channel 1 on the beginning of the clip on the timeline. Their properties are listed as follows:

Type: Windows WAVE audio file
File Size: 16.0 MB
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24 bit - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:00:58:09344

Why are there 2 tracks?

2: Some other audio tracks are just labeled on the timeline as L and R. Both these and the other ones labeled Ch 1 are synced with Pluraleyes from an H4N Zoom recorder so i have no clue why they are labeled different. These one have properties labeled as such:

Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 69.5 MB
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 23.976
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:00:14:20
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0 (1.0)

Yes those are audio files on the timeline.

3: What is the general scoops with these multi track audio files? Do I need both tracks?

4: What would be the best workflow to export all the audio clips into Audition and get them back in the timeline? I heard about importing then in Premiere clicking Undo so you don't have the audio track clips as "Audio Extracted" and you retain the originals, but then just replace them with the Audition audio.

Working with sound is not yet a strong point of mine, i am just a video editor but need to get a grasp on properly handling this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]