FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition CS5.5 OMF explosion

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric StishanAudition CS5.5 OMF explosion
by on Oct 28, 2012 at 12:34:52 am

I have a bit of a situation on my hands and I'm hoping someone can help me out. This has been a frustrating process and I'm ready to move on. Like I said, I'm running CS5.5 and here's what has been going on:

I was hired for sound editing for a feature a couple months ago. I was instructed to get in contact with the video editor (who is based in LA) and have him send me the film for editing (I am on the east coast). So, rather than shipping hardware, he opted to dropbox me an AIFF file. Obviously I can't do anything with that, as I told him and my director, because I can't mix anything if everything is bounced to one track. After that, the editor simply stopped responding to my e-mails and calls.

Eventually, my director went out to LA and got 'the files' from him in person. I recently received a thumb drive with the files on it. The files in question are 6 OMF files called "Picture", "Picture 5-8", "Picture 9-12", "Picture 13-17, "Picture 17-21". Now it seems that several of these files contain similar, if not the same, information and tracks, while others clearly have different tracks on them. They're all different durations.

So my curiosity is this; aside from using the reference DVD, is there any way to sync these up to the way they were originally edited? What is the most efficient way to combine the tracks from the multiple OMF's without copy-and-pasting them all into one multi-track? Also is there a way to have multiple editor windows open in the program at once?

I hope that made sense, thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Eric StishanRe: Audition CS5.5 OMF explosion
by on Oct 28, 2012 at 3:33:41 am

well, i feel quite foolish. i didn't realize he sent me an XML file. my bad.

follow up question, is there any way to get the effects to work? he did the initial audio editing in fcp7 and upon opening the XML, Audition told me that 15/19 effects didn't transfer. any way to fix that?

Return to posts index

Dan RoyRe: Audition CS5.5 OMF explosion
by on Dec 19, 2012 at 2:04:01 am

If anyone can answer this I could greatly appreciate it as well. I'm sound mixing a 1h15m documentary that I only have OMF files for, each one containing up to four audio tracks. No clue how to recombine them into a single multitrack project except through cut and paste, and I lose sync when I do that.

Return to posts index

Eric StishanRe: Audition CS5.5 OMF explosion
by on Dec 19, 2012 at 2:50:50 am

This doesn't help, but I ended up just copy-and-pasting over the offline media files in the XML document.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]