FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change Music Sound

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick KarnerChange Music Sound
by on Jul 9, 2012 at 1:13:27 pm

Hello! Just a quick question. How would I go about changing a song's sound so it would sound like it's coming out of a speaker? To clarify, I'm editing a scene in a bar, so I'd like for the song to sound like it's coming from a stereo, and not just layed over the scene. I found a nice tutorial on changing audio to sound like a phone call, but nothing about a speaker or night club sound. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Angelo LorenzoRe: Change Music Sound
by on Jul 10, 2012 at 5:14:41 am

Every situation is going to be different. Look at the room in your video and try to reverse engineer it.

Is the room small? Is it large? Does it have carpet and curtains against the walls or is it industrial with bare floors and walls?

These kinds of questions will help you figure out what kind of reverb to add to the scene.

Additionally, if a stereo revery doesn't widen the music in the stereo field, you can delay one side of the stereo mix by 1-15ms. The center of a stereo mix is just the part of sound that you hear equally from both speakers, delaying one side just slightly will force your brain to consider them differently and it'll feel "wider".

In EQ, you may want to cut the mids around 1kHz. These frequencies are "presence" and when they're strong, it gives us a sense that a sound is really close. Cut them and the sound is a bit more wide and hollow.

Angelo Lorenzo
Fallen Empire - Digital Production Services
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]