FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition CS6 - Mixdown keyframes are slightly off

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob SeifertAudition CS6 - Mixdown keyframes are slightly off
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 3:27:42 pm

Hi, I'm trying to export a song from Audition. When playing the session it sounds fine, I have a number of volume envelopes to edit out breath sounds on the vocals and the playback sounds great. However, when I either Mixdown Master to a file or bounce it to a track all of my vocal volume envelope keyframes are slightly off and the entire file is about 5 db more quiet.

With the keyframes slightly off, rather than precisely editing out a breath sound, I now hear some of the breath and part of the lyric is cut off, it's like everything is shifted ahead by a few milliseconds.

I don't understand why the mix down doesn't sound exactly like playback on the session. Must be something I'm doing wrong. My workflow looks like this:

Individual instrument and vocal tracks -> Vocal and Instrument Busses 1 (some effects) -> Vocal and instrumental Busses 2 (compression and volume envelopes) -> Master. And like I said before just playing Master within the multirack session sounds perfect, it's just after mixing down or exporting or bouncing that things get off sync.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Durin GleavesRe: Audition CS6 - Mixdown keyframes are slightly off
by on Jul 10, 2012 at 5:03:12 pm

Hi Bob,

I'm not sure why your keyframes would be offset. I haven't seen any other reports of that behavior, but I'll spend a bit of time looking into it today.

As for the overall volume drop on mixdown, this is a result of honoring the Panning Law:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_law
http://www.samplecraze.com/tutorial.php/35/panning-law/

By default, Audition reduces the gain for stereo material panned to the center by -3dB. You can override or customize this by going into Preferences > Multitrack and changing the Panning Mode to Left/Right Cut (Logarithmic) or adjusting the dB Center hot-text value.

Return to posts index

Mitch RosefeltRe: Audition CS6 - Mixdown keyframes are slightly off
by on Feb 18, 2013 at 3:29:43 am

Did you find a fix for this? I'm having the same problem with a .sesx where all the pan keyframes are offset in the mixdown. Bummer!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]