FORUMS: list search recent posts

5.1 Not Working

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zack Hosseini5.1 Not Working
by on May 26, 2012 at 11:10:19 pm

Hello,

I'm somewhat new to Audition and I recently set up 5.1 surround sound in my basement. The surround sound system works with DVDs and playing videos with 5.1 SS audio from my Macbook Pro, so I know the system is set up properly.

However, when I make something in 5.1 in Audition and try to play it, the rear speakers don't work. When I try to play audio I panned to either of the rear speakers, nothing plays. But when I play videos I know have 5.1 audio (movies and such), the rear speakers work fine. So it must be something I'm doing wrong in Audition. Even when I export the mixdown, it doesn't work. All my tracks are panned to the according speakers and my master track is set to 5.1 output.

When I export, I use .aiff.

I'm using Adobe Audition CS5 with a mid 2010 Macbook Pro that is connected to my A/V receiver via a Toslink cable.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

---------------
Zack Hosseini
http://www.ZackHosseiniFilms.com
Zack@ZackHosseiniFilms.com

"When all else fails, look for presets!"

Return to posts index

Frank GothmannRe: 5.1 Not Working
by on May 30, 2012 at 10:57:34 am

This is not how mixing 5.1 works at all, in any application. A Toslink cable and a regular AV receiver won't do anything. It will pass a digital stereo signal to your receiver and that's it (or, in case of DVDs, an encoded DD/DTS surround stream but all that has nothing to do with mixing surround).
You need a proper multichannel audio interface such as a Fireface from RME or M-Audio. You then need a receiver that has discreet outputs for each channel or active speakers that hook up to the interface. Then each channel needs to be assigned to the proper interface output/speaker.

------
"You also agree that you will not use these products for... the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons."
iTunes End User Licence Agreement

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]