FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing background music but keeping others sounds and vocals (from a video game)

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shamik MavaniRemoving background music but keeping others sounds and vocals (from a video game)
by on May 9, 2012 at 6:06:28 pm

Hi.

I understand that the question of being able to remove background music but keep vocals has come up very often, but the audio I'm working with is quite different.

I'm currently making a movie from a game. The main problem I have is with the background music. It plays continuously on a loop and there's no option to "switch off" the music.

I'd like to be able to reduce the background music so mainly the vocals of the characters can be heard (removing it would be better but I think that's difficult to do). The idea I have is that if the background music is reduced to a low enough level, I'll be playing my own music loud enough to mask any trace of the background music. However I don't have a clue on how to do this and would appreciate any help or advice.
Are there any softwares or plugins available to extract the voice from the type of audio I'm working with?

I'd also like to mention that I'm a complete beginner and that this is the first time I'm using an audio editing software.

I've uploaded a file containing two samples (one after another) of the type of audio I'm working with.

Thanks in advance

-Shamik

Note:

OS - Mac version 10.7.3

Return to posts index

Angelo LorenzoRe: Removing background music but keeping others sounds and vocals (from a video game)
by on May 14, 2012 at 11:39:22 pm

The answer is most likely a resounding no.

1. Music will be mixed across all frequencies, you can't isolate using eq

2. Games playing out stereo will probably use pseudo surround with some reverb. You may be able to do a center extraction for a voice, but less likely for sfx.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]