FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disable Jack Detection for Audition (Windows 7)

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Hill
Disable Jack Detection for Audition (Windows 7)
on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:42:40 am

Don't know if this is the proper place for suggestions, tips and the like but if not this post can be moved or removed.

I've been having an issue in Audition where if I'm using headphones and then remove them to allow audio output from speakers, Audition would warn me there was a change in Audio Hardware and then cease to function. Plugging headphones back in wouldn't solve the problem and in many cases it corrupted the session I was working on.

I found out that the problem is related to Windows 7's Audio Jack Detection feature. Strangely enough, this feature can be disabled and your headphone ports will continue to function as intended (audio to headphones when plugged in, to speakers when not).

The solution involves editing a registry entry:

In the start menu, type in regedit and hit enter.
Navigate to the following key;
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlClass{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}000GlobalSettings

and change the value "EnableDynamicDevices" from one (1) to zero (0).

In my case I have two headphone ports that needed this change. The second listed in the same place but in 0001GlobalSettings

Restart your computer and it won't cause Audition to freak out anymore. Credit for this solution goes to a web blogger named theextramoney and the original post can be found by following this link.

Return to posts index

Steven Talley
Re: Disable Jack Detection for Audition (Windows 7)
on Dec 9, 2011 at 4:16:01 am

I agree that audio jack alerts are annoying. I'll check out your reg edit. I encounter the problem on an XP Netbook too. Windows thinks everyone is as dumb as they are. ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]