FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to fix Echo

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich MayerHow to fix Echo
by on Oct 11, 2011 at 2:11:39 am

By mistake I recorded a clip using the camera mike instead of the lavalier that was connected, I know dumb mistake on my part. Anyways its just one sentence that I am trying to save, the audio is actually pretty legible but it has a lot of echo. Is there any special effect or function on Soundbooth that I can use for situations like this. Im using Soundbooth CS4. Thank you!

Return to posts index

anthony davilaRe: How to fix Echo
by on Oct 11, 2011 at 2:30:15 pm

yes it can be fixed using audition cs5 it has a plugin or has many plugins that eliminates or fixed a lot of issues with echo problems in recording sections.

Return to posts index

Rob NeidigRe: How to fix Echo
by on Oct 11, 2011 at 3:17:45 pm

I'd be curious , Anthony, to know what plug ins these are. Audition has a bunch of great filters for noise reduction, but echo is a totally different ball of wax. You can try using a noise gate or downward expander to minimize the echo that occurs after a single sound, but the problem with echo is that it starts echoing at the onset of a sound, so the echo from the first part of a word is now echoing over the second part of a word. Almost impossible to get to sound decent. No way to unbake a cake, and it's the same with this kind of poorly recorded sound.

Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]