FORUMS: list search recent posts

ADR in Audition

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris HollandADR in Audition
by on Oct 6, 2011 at 7:43:53 pm

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to playback a loop of audio and record at the same time without recording the looping audio.

Does anyone know if this is possible in Audition 5.5 and if so how you set it up,

Thanks.

Chris Holland
Editor/Animation/Design
hollandedit.com

Return to posts index

Jesse RugglesRe: ADR in Audition
by on Oct 6, 2011 at 9:54:40 pm

Let me make sure I understand exactly what you're trying to accomplish:

You're looping audio on say channel 1.
You want to record on channel 2.
You don't want to record what's playing on channel 1 onto channel 2.

Do I have it right?

Return to posts index

Chris HollandRe: ADR in Audition
by on Oct 6, 2011 at 11:24:23 pm

Yup. That's it exactly.

Chris Holland
Editor/Animation/Design
hollandedit.com

Return to posts index

Jesse RugglesRe: ADR in Audition
by on Oct 6, 2011 at 11:42:26 pm

Yes, it definitely is possible.
You have a routing issue in which the output from channel 1 is being fed into the input of channel 2 (I have no idea what your channel names/numbers are so I'm assuming 1 = looped audio and 2 = channel to record).
What hardware are you using? I can help you pinpoint the routing issue, but I need to have a clear picture of your setup looks like. I suspect the issue lies within your interface.

Return to posts index

Chris HollandRe: ADR in Audition
by on Oct 12, 2011 at 2:44:37 pm

Jesse,

Hi. Sorry it took me a few days to get back on here. Thanks for the response.

I am on a MAC with a KONA Lhi card. Basically Channel 1&2 on my board are going into the outs on the Lhi breakout box and the Main Out of the board is going to the in on the Breakout box.

What you said is exactly how I have it in Audition. On channel 1 is the audio I want to loop and I want to record on channel 2.

I hit the loop in the controls and have the record on channel 2 selected. When I hit record on the controls what it does is it plays track 1 and records on track 2. It doesn't loop channel 1. The playhead just keeps moving as the audio records to channel 2.

I don't know if there is a specific thing I need to do in Audition as I haven't done it in a few years. if I absolutely had to I could just export the audio files I wanted to loop and play them on Itunes then reopen Audition to record because I have the MAC system audio in another channel bus on my board.

Thanks for the help.

Chris Holland
Editor/Animation/Design
hollandedit.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]