FORUMS: list search recent posts

Insert noise print

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Bergan
Insert noise print
on Sep 22, 2011 at 5:38:06 pm

Hello,

In Audition, is there a function to insert a noise print, so you can cover areas with roomtone. Something equivalent to Insert Noise in Soundtrack Pro?

Thanks
Dave

Return to posts index

Tim Parsons
Re: Insert noise print
on Oct 4, 2011 at 7:02:12 pm

Not that I know of. The closest thing that Audition has is the ability to copy and paste audio. If you select the range of audio you want to replace, move the selection range itself (so that the "loop" remains the exact length) to a segment of noise that is the same length as or longer than your desired length. Copy the noise. Slide your selection area (again ensuring not to change the length of selection) back over top of the audio you want to replace, and paste.

NOTE: The selection duration must stay the same throughout the entire process or you will inadvertently change the length of your total audio file.

hope this helps!

--
Tim Parsons

Return to posts index

Dave Bergan
on Oct 4, 2011 at 7:19:05 pm

Thanks, though fortunately I found Auto Heal does exactly what I want, and it does it well so I'm happy.

Dave

Return to posts index

Tim Parsons
on Oct 4, 2011 at 7:29:12 pm

Oh good. I wasn't sure of your specific needs. Yes, auto heal works when the selected area is surrounded by a desirable noise. But if it's surrounded by anything you don't want there, it will put it there!

I ran into that problem whilst correcting some speech. I would auto heal a spot surrounded by the speaker's voice patterns, and it created a funny electronic or robotic sound. So you gotta be careful how u use it.

Happy editing!

--
Tim Parsons

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]