FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition 5.5 total crash and loss of data

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark hall
Audition 5.5 total crash and loss of data
on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:26:42 pm

I've been using Audition to record an audio book. There's been crashes and drop outs but yesterday I got a "Runtime Error - This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way..." message and lost an entire chapter.

Today the screen went blue with white writing on with something like "Crq?? request" message. It was very quick and I didn't have time to read the message properly. The computer then went to safety start up mode.

So, I'm in a position of not being able to trust Audition with hours of work. Anyone with any ideas as to what's going on?

HP Pavilion Laptop, AMG Turion X4 X2, 2 gigahertz, 2 gig Ram, duel core, Vista Home 2.

Return to posts index

Chad Baker
Re: Audition 5.5 total crash and loss of data
on Aug 30, 2011 at 7:14:05 pm

Sorry to hear about your lost work. Without having more specific details, like the full error text, it's hard to know exactly what caused your crash. I'm speculating that what you saw was a BSOD resulting from an IRQ request. This is often the result of a driver that's behaving badly. Audition's performance is heavily reliant on your audio hardware and drivers. I would check to see if an updated driver is available for your audio hardware.
There are other general troubleshooting suggestions in this document that may be helpful in your case.
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/825/cpsid_82500.html

Return to posts index

mark hall
Re: Audition 5.5 total crash and loss of data
on Sep 11, 2011 at 5:53:29 am

Thanks for the response Chad. I'll read that Adobe pdf. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]