FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition 5.5 - no ReWire?! no MIDI!?!?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Heys
Audition 5.5 - no ReWire?! no MIDI!?!?
on Jul 20, 2011 at 11:20:03 pm

I was thinking about purchasing a Production Premium suite from Adobe to make my life easier by having an integrated suite of products that work well together for almost every facet of film production, but then I heard that the newest version of Audition not only doesn't support ReWire anymore but also doesn't allow MIDI entry!?!?

What the heck are they thinking? I just don't get it. They're trying to compete with Avid/ProTools, but I can't work on a film soundtrack without MIDI. And I want to take advantage of software like Ableton Live and Reason that I've invested a ton of money in previously and and would allow MIDI tracks themselves. Are there workarounds that people know about that I'm missing? Any ideas what their corporate strategy here is? I spoke to a sales rep earlier, who confirmed that they have not announced any intention to implement either technology in future releases...

Thanks,
Tom

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Audition 5.5 - no ReWire?! no MIDI!?!?
on Jul 21, 2011 at 12:46:15 am

Here's a better place to have this conversation: where the Audition team is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Tom Heys
Re: Audition 5.5 - no ReWire?! no MIDI!?!?
on Jul 21, 2011 at 5:52:33 pm

Thanks for the link, but that site isn't really appropriate for me as a prospective user. All of the posters on that forum seem to be very experienced users with an intimate knowledge of the software's history and capabilities; on the other hand, I have never used the software (and don't intend to try it out without the ability to either record MIDI or use ReWire). Moreover, the product manager and other Adobe employees never address ReWire support, though there seemed to be some loose promise of MIDI sequencing in the CS6 release (in May 2012?).

Those observations aside, it was helpful to understand the business strategy and decision process for this release. I get it now: the biggest part of the user base seems to be made up mostly of radio professionals, who could care less about the features that I need. And I realize that development budgets are limited and compromises must be made. But I was hopeful that I might have found an end-to-end filmmaking post-production product in the Premiere/Audition/After Effects that works on a PC platform; I shouldn't have directed my general frustrations at Adobe products when really the issue is that there is no magic bullet yet that will kill the Frankensteinian mishmash of different and somewhat incompatible applications that I have to use to do my work. So for that, I'm sorry. I'll keep my eye on Audition in the future to see if and when it does fit my needs....

Thanks,
Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]