FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitoring recording in Soundbooth

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
Monitoring recording in Soundbooth
on Jul 7, 2011 at 3:10:17 pm

Hi gang...

We are trying to use Soundbooth (CS4) in one of our suites to record narration from our audio booth. We are having a devil of a time monitoring the audio... and I'm thinking that surely I just have some setting clicked wrong.

The machine is a PC, a Matrox AXIO LE editing system. We are, however, taking audio in via a line/mic-in USB device, for various necessary reasons.

Soundbooth actually records the audio fine. And we can hear/monitor the audio fine, but only while we are actually recording (the "monitor audio" box is checked). The problem is that we cannot hear before recording... such as, asking the talent to give us a check for levels, or just talking to the talent or giving them directions... we can't hear him or her unless recording is actually rolling. So before we actually click the "record" button, we hear nothing... even though the Soundbooth input VU meters show that the signal is coming in. You'll see the VU meters bouncing up and down, just not hear anything until the actual recording starts.

This is driving us nuts. Any ideas, anyone?

Much thanks,

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Joao Araujo
Re: Monitoring recording in Soundbooth
on Aug 30, 2013 at 12:19:35 am

Hello Todd,
I am having that very same problem.
Have you been able to find a solution?
If yes, please share... I'm going crazy with it...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]