FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition 5.5

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas SizynskiAudition 5.5
by on Jun 8, 2011 at 2:52:29 am

Hi all, I am on the trial version of Audition 5.5 and I was trying to figure out how to record a track while playing back a track previously recorded.

I am using a profire 610 and a neumann mic and a macbook pro.

Return to posts index

Chad BakerRe: Audition 5.5
by on Jun 8, 2011 at 10:42:37 pm

If you have the inputs and outputs assigned correctly it should be pretty straight forward.
Info on assigning inputs and outputs here:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/audition/cs/using/WS58a04a822e3e501054824103898...

I'm not sure what your level of expertise is, so I won't go too deeply into it. Are you running into a specific problem when you try to listen to a track while recording?

Return to posts index

Andreas SizynskiRe: Audition 5.5
by on Jun 9, 2011 at 6:08:08 am

Quite frankly, I have very low expertise. Instead of trying to output to the computer's soundcard (in this case, the Macbook pro's) I am trying to make all input and output sound originate in the M-Audio Profire 610. I know it is recognized by the program, but difficulty is in figuring out how to configure it so all sound is "routed" (for lack of a better word) through that micPre/interface.

Return to posts index

Chad BakerRe: Audition 5.5
by on Jun 9, 2011 at 9:59:29 pm

Alright, here's the quick and dirty tour through audio hardware setup in Audition CS5.5. First, make sure that you're seeing your hardware listed in the audio hardware preferences dialog.

If you have an ASIO driver available, use it. You'll have lower latency and better performance. If you don't have an ASIO driver for your device, check with your manufacturer to see if they have one available, or choose MME under Device Class and make sure that you select your device's inputs/ouputs. If you don't see your device here, check to see that you have it listed in the Windows Sound control panel.

You can set the preferred inputs and outputs of your device as defaults in the Audio Channel Mapping dialog:

When you're in multitrack view, you can set your device's inputs for each track, and assign the outputs for the Master to your device's outputs, or the Defaults that you specified in Audio Channel Mapping.

Once you've made sure your device was recognized by the system, and that you've chosen your device's ins/outs in the places I've shown here, then you're all set. You should no longer be sending sound through your computer's default sound system (eg. soundcard, onboard audio).
The screenshots here are just some quick grabs from my home system, so where you see "Saffire Pro" that's where you'd expect to see your hardware listed.

Return to posts index

Andreas SizynskiRe: Audition 5.5
by on Jun 12, 2011 at 5:36:27 am

Thanks Chad, I appreciate the tutorial alot. I didn't have Core Audio installed, but I am installing now. Thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]