FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reducing Harsh S's in Voices

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Seitz
Reducing Harsh S's in Voices
on May 25, 2011 at 3:20:47 pm

Every pronounced S in one of my audio voice overs is really intense and painful to listen to - what is the best method for reducing this?

Thanks in advance,
Evan

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Reducing Harsh S's in Voices
on Jul 16, 2011 at 3:54:07 pm

This is called Sibilance, and I believe there is a built in filter to reduce it in Soundbooth. Yes - it is part of the Vocal Enhancer effect, and automatically (so they say) does this.

I sure that in Audition there's a module for Sibilance suppression that you can actually control, since Audition is more of a "pro" product.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Erik Mickelson
on Jul 28, 2011 at 4:16:49 am

Look for a de-esser. That is what it is usually called.

If that doesn't work, you may want to try pulling down some higher frequencies if it is a really bad "ssssss".

MacPro 2.26 octo, NVidia GT120, 16GB ram, 4TB SATA Raid that now works in SL, SLeopard 10.6.6, FCPStudio 3, QT 7, Kone LHe

Return to posts index

Brett Hickman
on Sep 1, 2016 at 3:33:45 am

I know this is old, but for anyone new that was searching this, I still stumbled across this for an answer. I can confirm that this gentleman is correct, it is DeEsser. It just worked perfectly for me. I used a preset and then adjusted from there. I ended up sliding the Threshold back (torward the neg). The more I took threshold out of the preset...male voice...the more it took out the "sssss" out. Perfect as it did not effect the rest of the audio. Matter of fact it cleaned it up all around. I may use this on all my audio regardless of my over "ssss"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]