FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sending multiple tracks from PP to CS5 soundbooth

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jonathan haySending multiple tracks from PP to CS5 soundbooth
by on Jan 9, 2011 at 4:28:57 am

Within CS5 PP, I have multiple audio tracks which I want to normalize and clean up. Is there any way to send them all to soundbooth to a multitrack file? When I highlight more than one file the "export to soundbooth" is greyed out.

For that matter is it possible to send an entire audio track from PP to soundbooth?

Many thanks,
Jonathan

Thanks
Jonathan

System:CS5, Vegas 8.1, Windows7, i920 w/8GB

Return to posts index

Matthew MintunRe: Sending multiple tracks from PP to CS5 soundbooth
by on Apr 2, 2011 at 4:34:10 pm

Dude, if you figure this out...I will be stoked. Just asked the same question a couple days ago in a couple different forums. So far I have not found a way. Even bought Adobe Audition but still haven't found a way.

If I figure it out, I'll hook you up. Right now it's looking impossible. Such a shame. Final Cut Pro to Soundtrack Pro has this feature and it makes finalizing audio SO MUCH easier.

I might have to go back to Mac based if I can't find an answer.

Return to posts index

jonathan hayRe: Sending multiple tracks from PP to CS5 soundbooth
by on Apr 4, 2011 at 1:36:55 am

No, I still have not found an answer. If this can not be done it makes soundbooth much less useful.

Thanks
Jonathan

Return to posts index

by on Apr 4, 2011 at 8:36:28 pm

So I had another idea...it may take a while to do but it may be worth it in the end.

Export each audio track as AAC from Premiere Pro, then import into Soundbooth OR Audition. Once imported into either of these programs (in multi-track setting)...each "sound" will fall where it is supposed to fall in the timeline with its own separate track.

After this you can add effects to individual tracks and then export as AAC, AIFF or WAV from Audition or Soundbooth and import the stereo track into Premiere.

There are 2 hiccups to this:
1. It takes time to export EACH audio track on its own (by muting other tracks each export)
2. You have to move all audio files to their separate track in the timeline in PP. For me if I have one location, all audio (from shotgun) from that one location will be on one track, VO's from speaker 1 on track 2, VO from speaker 2 on track 3, etc...

In PP: Mute all tracks except for the first one.
File>Export>Media
Format: Audio Only

Do this for each audio track you have (unmuting and muting). Of course you won't be able to edit to video...but you could always export a "video only" file from PP and then import that into Audition or Soundbooth (I think they have this functionality).

Yes it takes time, and I hope Adobe fixes this (like FCP to STP on mac) but this will work for me.

Ultimately...you edit audio after everything is finalized video wise...if any changes are made after editing audio in this manner, you will have to redo EVERYTHING.

Hope this helps...this is my work around.

Return to posts index

jonathan hayRe: Sending multiple tracks from PP to CS5 soundbooth
by on Apr 4, 2011 at 11:52:54 pm

That's a fair workaround. But how do you export the entire track. When I export it only exports that sound clip. Because I always auto/break my video clips I have many many clips per track.

Thanks
Jonathan

Return to posts index

by on Apr 5, 2011 at 12:11:26 am

Here's what you do

FILE > EXPORT > MEDIA

In the media encoder export screen click "Format" and choose "Audio Only"

Then to keep everything clean I would click "Output Name" and create a folder in your program files JUST for these audio clips..and then name each clip for what it is (ie: Andrea_VO_1) and choose a different name for each.

I'll put together a quick screen capture to show ya and link to it. Give me an hour :]

Return to posts index

by on Apr 5, 2011 at 4:15:10 pm

Here's a full explanation I made on how to do it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]