FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can SoundBooth...or any program isolate voice from a...?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
robyn carr
Can SoundBooth...or any program isolate voice from a...?
on Oct 17, 2010 at 4:13:46 am

I am a novice at any editing program so I am seeking information from audio experts out there. I recorded footage on an hpx camcorder and plugged the XLR cord from my camcorder into a soundboard that controlled the microphones. There were 3 microphones being used and it appears that the levels were not managed properly. I recorded a duet singing, each with their own mic, and the guitar was mic'd. The recording sounds terrible as you can barely hear one voice and guitar while the other harmony voice is way overbearing. The audio track comes up as a mono track when I put it into Adobe Premiere. Is there anyway to isolate or separate the guitar and the two voices to lower the volume of the one overbearing voice? Is there any audio program that can do this?

Return to posts index

Andrew Devis
Re: Can SoundBooth...or any program isolate voice from a...?
on Oct 17, 2010 at 1:20:40 pm

Hi, I'm really sorry but if you have recorded all three mics on one channel then you aren't going to find anything that will separate them again. If you have more than one channel, next time put the voice on one and the instruments on another and make sure you have headphones on to monitor the sound

Return to posts index

robyn carr
Re: Can SoundBooth...or any program isolate voice from a...?
on Oct 18, 2010 at 3:06:01 pm

I was afraid this was the case. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]