FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice for cleaning-up camera whirring and background noise

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben GillAdvice for cleaning-up camera whirring and background noise
by on Oct 9, 2010 at 9:20:51 pm

Hello everyone-

I'm fairly proficient with Audition, but I wanted to get some advice on how to get rid off of some general background noise from an interview I did recently, I'm a highschool journalist. I had a mono shotgun mic plugged into a handycam style camera, and while the voices and audio came out fine, I noticed that for some reason the microphone also picked up some weird whirring noises from some mechanical functions the camera was doing (it was stationary the entire time). Anyway...this whirring noise appears about every 10-20 seconds, and while the voices of those in the video are clearly audible I was wondering how I delete all the crap underneath, basically just being left with the talking?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Advice for cleaning-up camera whirring and background noise
by on Oct 11, 2010 at 1:43:44 am

If you have Soundbooth, you can do noise removal for a specific noise by capturing a noise print. You just need to have a place where only the noise appears.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]