FORUMS: list search recent posts

can't record with audion3 win7-64

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Harmancan't record with audion3 win7-64
by on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:37:52 am

I have spent hours on this and have used Audition with an M-Audio firewire box in the past. I am surprised I can't get this to work. I have installed Audition 3 with the 64bit version of Windows 7. I am connecting the Sennheiser mics (XLR inputs) using an M-Audio Fast Track Pro box. I feel that the box is working correctly. I can talk into the mics and hear through the headphones. I can playback files in Audition, see the waveform, and hear through the headphones. I have the audio hardware set up for M-Audio ASIO and the default input set to 01M - Line in 1 Fast Track Pro. Everything seems to be set right but when I hit the record button, I get nothing. The playhead moves but I see no waveform and nothing is recorded. The machine is an i7 quad at 2.8 ghz. I tried raising the latency setting but it had no effect. The machine is plenty powerful. I would appreciate help from anyone. I'm aboput to go crazy.

Return to posts index

Mark HarmanRe: can't record with audion3 win7-64
by on Oct 4, 2010 at 6:59:51 pm

Got it to work. I decided to try recording from line input off of a cd player. The only RCA inputs on the box are the s/pdif's, no typical R L inputs. I decided to hook one of the two RCA's into the s/pdif. I went back to the m-audio control panel to turn on the s/pdif and the microphones started to work. Seems like the microphone should work if Balanced input 1 (mono) is selected since it is an XLR connection through the front of the box. I don't get it, but at least it's working.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]