FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opening Soundbooth Problem

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale PaquetteOpening Soundbooth Problem
by on Jun 3, 2010 at 11:19:49 am

I have just installed CS5 on a Win 7 PC and am having some problems opening Soundbooth. When I click the icon, it does indeed open. After I close Soundbooth and try to reopen it, it comes base with a message that it is already running and would I like to close it then open a new one or revert to the running version. Problem is, it's not running! Adobe wasn't of much help as the lady from the subcontinent knew nothing about Soundbooth. I did learn that if I look in the processes section of the task manager, it is there indicated to be running and I can stop the process for a normal open. But if I do and then close and reopen, I get the same message. This does not happen with any of the other CS5 apps. Does anyone else have this problem and better yet know how to fix it? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael BukayRe: Opening Soundbooth Problem
by on Jul 6, 2010 at 7:16:31 pm

I have the same problem with Soundbooth in CS4. Have you discovered a solution?

Return to posts index

Dale PaquetteRe: Opening Soundbooth Problem
by on Jul 7, 2010 at 1:17:01 am

Yes and no. The yes is that if you open the task manager and look at the processes that are running, Soundbooth is in fact running even after you close it in task manager, not the apps that are running, the processes!). That said, I eventually called Adobe support and they walked me through the solution - that's the no problem - it was long enough ago that I can't remember the details. Hopefully, they can help you as well.

Return to posts index

Jim ShannonRe: Opening Soundbooth Problem
by on Nov 24, 2010 at 10:55:47 pm

I have the same problem with Soundbooth CS5. I can't find anything that looks like "soundbooth" in the list of processes. If I respond to the error message that I want to restart the application, it restarts fine. It's just a bother to see the error message. Seems like it should be something rather easy for Adobe to fix. (It's almost December now and the problem still exists.)

Return to posts index

Jim ShannonRe: Opening Soundbooth Problem
by on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:01:40 pm

Correction -- Soundbooth CS5.exe *32 is in the list of processes. I wonder if the problem has something to do with my PC which is running the 64 bit Windows 7?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]