FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline for each track/clip

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Ross
Timeline for each track/clip
on May 30, 2010 at 11:12:51 pm

Greetings all,

I'm generally new to audio editing (Photoshop/Illustrator is my world) and completely new to Soundbooth and can't figure this out..

I have a multitrack project with 12 tracks. If I edit one of them (double click it), I can't find that track's timeline. I see the main timeline - which is fine and useful - but can't see the duration and timeline of that particular clip. Example: I need to cut out 11 seconds from track 2 at 1:40 (on that clips timeline). How do I find that position? Example 2: I need to match/align track 5, position 1:20 with track 7, position 0:10. Again, all I see is the main project timeline and can't find any options to display (in whatever fashion) the individual track's timeline. This is driving me nuts as the notes/instructions I'm getting are referring to each track's timeline as they were sent to me. Seems perfectly simple, so I must be staring it in the face and not seeing it.

Under View I see the option for Bottom Timeline, but it displays the same timeline info as the top one (can only change format).

So far the only way is to drag the clip to the beginning of the project, working on it and dragging it back into place. This is such a dirty workaround that I'm obviously missing something.

Also, when I make a selection, I don't see any indicator listing the selection's duration. Where do I find that?

Any and all help would be MUCH appreciated!

I'm using Soundbooth CS5 on Windows 7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]