FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition 3 Crashing

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Macfarlane
Audition 3 Crashing
on Mar 20, 2010 at 7:44:39 pm

I'm trying to remove a consistent camera humming noise from a 30 min uncompressed 16bit Stereo WAV file in Audition 3.

I don't use Audition much but I thought it should be possible to select the noise in the spectral frequency display and simply delete it. When I try this, Audition instantly crashes and leaves me staring at the desktop!

I tried selecting the noisy area with the marquee tool and the effects paint brush and both cause the same crash as soon as I press delete.

I also tried the "capture noise reduction profile" effect on the above mentioned selections and this also causes an instant crash.

What am I doing wrong to cause this crash? or is this a known bug?
Many thanks
Graz

Note:
I did manage to capture and eliminate the noise by selecting a range of clear noise, but I had to use the waveform display instead.

Return to posts index

Steven Talley
Re: Audition 3 Crashing
on Mar 21, 2010 at 8:26:35 am

It's probably related to the audio card drivers. Try updating to the latest or go back to a previous version if your on the latest.
Also, check your audio hardware preferences in Audition and change if possible.

Return to posts index

Brian Louis
on Mar 21, 2010 at 9:39:49 pm

[Graham Macfarlane] "don't use Audition much but I thought it should be possible to select the noise in the spectral frequency display and simply delete it. When I try this, Audition instantly crashes"

Do you have the latest update for Audition 3 installed? you should also list your computer specs when posting

Return to posts index

Graham Macfarlane
on Mar 22, 2010 at 6:29:59 pm

Thanks Steven and Brian for your help.

I discovered that there is an update for Audition (Patch 3.01)
It mentions that it fixes exactly the issue I've got and that its cause is due to the fact that my machine has more than 4 CPU cores.

Patch installed now and everything works perfectly.

I will remember to post hardware specs in future!!

Cheers
Graz

Return to posts index

Alan Mullin
on Aug 29, 2010 at 9:57:39 am

Hi, I have AA3 on a vista pc sp2,

I have downloaded the AA3 update patch as a zip file, but when I click on the 'Audition 3 update patch.exe' a winzip box flags up saying do you wan to run this, I click ok and the same box appears, I click run and the box goes and that it, nothing else happenes.

I've tried loading in safe mode, User Acount Control, still the same?

Can anyone advise

Thanks in advance

Alan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]