FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change timing and syncing video/audio

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randall LeagueChange timing and syncing video/audio
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 3:29:25 pm

Hello all, was wondering i someone could help me.

I have a video file which has an American speaking good japanese, the video file is actually part of a lower third of a bigger composite. While the japanese the American speaks is good it is a little slow and slightly hesitant, I found that if I take the file in Soundbooth and increase the timing (around 91%-94%)and lower the pitch it makes his japanese sound much smoother, but of course the problem is that its not only audio but a video file and once I change the timing for the audio file the syncing of the mouth and words are all screwed up. Not by a lot to be honest since the files are only 20-30 seconds each. I was wondering the best way to sync these back up? Do I have to mess with Time-remapping in After Effects?Is there a better way to do this?

Return to posts index

Rob NeidigRe: Change timing and syncing video/audio
by on Feb 16, 2010 at 9:39:06 pm

Randall,

The "time remap" in After Effects should work. You didn't mention what video editing software you use, but many packages offer a "speed" or "time remap" effect in the software. Usually you apply it to both video and audio at the same time, so it automatically stays in sync.

Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]