FORUMS: list search recent posts

corrupt mp3 file extension

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike gatlincorrupt mp3 file extension
by on Feb 8, 2010 at 5:56:35 pm

Recently, on 2 occasions, I have managed to add unwanted characters to the mp3 file extension while trying to save a file to mp3. Obviously the file is worthless when I retrieve it. 1st question; how am I accidentally adding information to the file extension. 2nd question, and more importantly, where in the program do I go to correct the problem?

Thanks
Mike

Return to posts index

Steven TalleyRe: corrupt mp3 file extension
by on Feb 9, 2010 at 2:35:46 am

If I understand what your doing, and you are saving the audio out as an mp3 file correctly, it's just the extension is mislabeled.
Using Windows Explorer find the file in question and right click on it and select rename. Change the extension to .mp3 and then try opening the file with Audition or just play the file.
If it doesn't play, you do have a problem with Audition and you should reinstall.

Steve

Return to posts index

mike gatlinRe: corrupt mp3 file extension
by on Feb 9, 2010 at 3:11:05 am

Thanks for the input Steve. I located the file, changed the extension to MP3 and it played back just fine in Audition.

When I try to save the mp3 file, the "save as type" drop down file type box is showing [FhG][*.tp*.mp3] What I am trying to do is eliminate the *.tp characters from the file type box. I am not certain how they got there. I have been using Audition 2 for a couple of years without a problem. Is there somewhere I can go in the program files to make the change?

Mike

Return to posts index

Brian LouisRe: corrupt mp3 file extension
by on Feb 9, 2010 at 12:21:29 pm

Sounds like something took a hit, it might be a dll that got corrupted, reinstall??

Return to posts index

by on Feb 13, 2010 at 3:49:25 pm

Thanks for the help. A reinstall was necessary to clear up the issue but I had to "not save preferences" to get to the problem. Still no idea how I managed to add extra characters to the file extension.

Return to posts index

Brian LouisRe: corrupt mp3 file extension
by on Feb 14, 2010 at 12:40:07 pm

Like I mentioned a dll may have been corrupted, they are library files which contain stuff like the file type tables, its always best to do a disk check when something like this happens as it could be a bad sector causing the problem.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 14, 2010 at 2:23:59 pm

Thanks Brian, I will do that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]