FORUMS: list search recent posts

Random Clicks/Pops in Recording

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curtis MachekRandom Clicks/Pops in Recording
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 12:00:52 am

So, here's the issue. Random pops/clicks in recordings. I am well below the clipping level, and am experienced in audio production (although new to Adobe Audition).

This is Adobe Audition 3, and here's a sample.

http://www.popalt20.com/clicksample.mp3

I am convinced it is an issue with Audition, as it has never occurred (and still doesn't) in other DAW's.

Thanks for any help,
Curtis

Return to posts index

Ian PollardRe: Random Clicks/Pops in Recording
by on Mar 11, 2010 at 10:00:02 pm

Hi, I'm suffering the same problem. Have you figured it out yet?

Return to posts index

Curtis MachekRe: Random Clicks/Pops in Recording
by on Mar 12, 2010 at 12:47:42 am

Well thank god it's not only me, and no, still looking. I was told to try messing with settings in my Asio driver panel, and surprisingly, sometimes it works (temporarily). But it happens with both my M Audio cards, so i'm still convinced it's an Audition issue.

Anyone?

Return to posts index

Rick ColferRe: Random Clicks/Pops in Recording
by on Nov 17, 2010 at 3:52:26 pm

I also have been having this same issue....didnt notice it with version 2....but version 3 seem to be getting worse and driving me nuts...called many time to speak with Adobe...unsuccessfully. Clicks usually happen in the beginnibg of the recortding and I have been changing the start point to like 10 sec....in and seems to help. Also have tried buffer settings...asio updates...even replaced the power supply in the computer...when it got really bad....that seemed to stop it for awhile but not long. HELP!!!!

Return to posts index

by on Mar 15, 2011 at 4:07:43 pm

I resolved my issue by simply running 1 Echo audio firewire 12 track at a time...It appears that 2 - 12 tracks echo audio firewire 12 decks plugged into the same firewire card caused this problem.
Also a firewire card that echo recommends would be good to check as well. I havnt done that as of yet...but I believe 2 - 12 tracks plugged into the same card cause this poping issue for me. Try seperate cards for each unit it may solve the problem of running two 12 tracks together.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 15, 2011 at 4:08:14 pm

I resolved my issue by simply running 1 Echo audio firewire 12 track at a time...It appears that 2 - 12 tracks echo audio firewire 12 decks plugged into the same firewire card caused this problem.
Also a firewire card that echo recommends would be good to check as well. I havnt done that as of yet...but I believe 2 - 12 tracks plugged into the same card cause this poping issue for me. Try seperate cards for each unit it may solve the problem of running two 12 tracks together.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 17, 2010 at 3:56:54 pm

Yeah...me to...really sucks! Which someone could pin this down.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 24, 2010 at 12:49:52 pm

If you are experiencing pops and clicks in your audio, there are a number of things that you can try:

1. Install DPC latency checker. If you are experiencing, pops, clicks, and dropouts, this is the first step to take. Download this free utility and read the documentation carefully. After you run the utility, you may need to disable wireless, webcams, network cards, etc.

2. In Windows, go to System properties>Advanced>Performance and set to "Adjust to Best Performance."

3. If running FireWire from a laptop, you may need to purchase a third-party FireWire adapter. Some built-in FireWire chips do not perform well. If you are running more than one AudioFire, you may need to purchase an additional FireWire adapter.

4. Run the ASIO FireWire Analyzer (if you have an AudioFire product). It comes with every driver. Make sure you download the Readme as well as this contains the documentation for this utility.

5. Your buffer size may be too small or too high. Recommendations:

44.1K or 48K sample rate: buffer 128 <-> 256

88.2K or 96K sample rate: buffer 256 <-> 480

176.4K or 192K sample rate: buffer 512 <-> 960

6. Make sure your software and OS have the latest updates. Check for BIOS updates as well.

7. Trim your system down to the bare essentials. Initially, work with only one device. Do not add additional devices until your first device is running smoothly. Do not run any plugins. Add plugins only after everything else is running correctly.

Return to posts index

Barry TraylorRe: Random Clicks/Pops in Recording
by on Jan 4, 2011 at 12:50:41 am

Uh... where do I find the DPC latency checker. Nothing is found at the Adobe site.

My particular problem: click are very regular, once started and start after recording for some time. Clicks are dependent on volume. Most of the time, this doesn't happen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]