FORUMS: list search recent posts

Soundbooth vs Audition

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kush AmerasingheSoundbooth vs Audition
by on Dec 11, 2009 at 1:55:10 am

Still can't decide if you should go for Adobe Soundbooth or Audition when it comes to editing audio? Here is a goofy video that I made in response to people who kept asking which one is for them, which is better etc. What has that got to do with the tower of Pisa? Well, nothing really. Those who watch my videos will get the randomness (I apologize to others who might not). What do you think? :)

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/ask-the-adobe-ones/42-adobe-audition-vs-soundboot...

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Soundbooth vs Audition
by on Feb 24, 2010 at 10:05:25 pm

Thanks for sharing that fine work, Kush. I too lean toward Audition, but that's primarily because I never took the time to get familiar with Sounbooth so it was very helpful to hear the rationale of someone who is well-versed with both. I do think the drop-from-the-tower comparison would've been helpful too, but I guess we can't have it all.

Return to posts index

Kush AmerasingheRe: Soundbooth vs Audition
by on Feb 24, 2010 at 10:45:36 pm

I can't publicly talk about everything I know about this yet but stay tuned to Adobe TV for more info as they become available.

I wanted to drop a Ferrari from the tower but Adobe won't let me : )

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Soundbooth vs Audition
by on Feb 25, 2010 at 2:55:21 am

[Kush Amerasinghe] "drop a Ferrari from the tower"

Now THAT I'd pay to see ... have a sneaking suspicion that the locals wouldn't go for it either though.

[Kush Amerasinghe] "I can't publicly talk about everything I know about this yet but stay tuned to Adobe TV for more info as they become available."

Well considering Adobe's long history of developing products in logical and practical ways, it seems that could be a hint at a possible melding of Audition and Soundbooth. If so, great news! And, no, I don't expect you to confirm or deny. If not, forgive my assumption ... and I'm off the the feature request page. ;~)

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Soundbooth vs Audition
by on Feb 25, 2010 at 3:08:18 am

By the way, since you seem to have a direct line to Adobe, I'll mention my two cents on the general subject in hopes it'll get factored in to some small degree somewhere along the development line. Since it seems very unlikely any audio software will ever dethrone ProTools as the undisputed choice for audio pros, I suspect a large percentage of Audition and/or Soundbooth users are not dedicated audio pros, but video pros who also need a way to work with "that squeaky stuff that goes along with the pictures". For that reason, ease-of-use is just as important as a feature-rich product, which is why, as much as I hate to admit it since I'm a long-time die-hard fan of all Adobe products, I actually still use Sound Forge for my audio work more often than Audition or Soundbooth ... largely because I got to know it well before Adobe offered any audio tools at all and I bet I'm not the only one that scenario applies to. Just something to consider ... thanks for reading my ramblings. Cheers!

Return to posts index

Kush AmerasingheRe: Soundbooth vs Audition
by on Feb 25, 2010 at 8:35:33 pm

I was a Soundforge user myself even before Sony got involved. Personally, the transition to Adobe tools wan't that hard for me. I also used Cakewalk since version one even though I'm not really an audio guy per say. At the end, it's all about what tool fits your needs and what you are more comfortable with.

-Kush

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]