FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to isolate and enhance a voice in the crowd (video)?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amos Rho
Is there a way to isolate and enhance a voice in the crowd (video)?
on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:17:48 pm

What I want to do, is to increase the volume and clarity, thus enhance the a single voice or two having a conversation within the crowd.

I know it is quite hard to clearly isolate the voices one wants.
If I can muffle out the other noises, music, etc. and make the voices I want more prominent, louder and clearer, that would be fine.

The above is my intent, and the situation in which the video was shot is at a local pub where there was a gig. The video is fine, but the audio needs touching up.

The audio was recorded in Stereo, but when I open it in Soundbooth, both channels are basically the same thing.

Sound wise, there are others people talking in the distance, the band playing in the background and me and a couple others talking.
The speakers were right beside us (bad spots, I know), so the audio has the music/singing more clear and defined over our voices talking.

I want to muffle out the background noise (which seems easy enough with various settings in soundbooth), and also the predominant singing/music that is muffling out our conversation.

Is there a way to increase the volume and clarity of our conversation over the music/singing?

Also, if this helps any, my group of people engaged in a conversation was consisted of 4 girls and 2 guys (including me), and the band's vocalist was a dude, but had a pretty high pitched voice (not extremely high, but high nonetheless).

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Kis
Re: Is there a way to isolate and enhance a voice in the crowd (video)?
on Jan 29, 2010 at 2:38:08 am

In my experience, I would say the answer to this is 'no'. What you are describing is very difficult to accomplish. If the background audio was reasonably uniform you could potentially capture a period of audio when none of your friends are talking and use that profile to do a noise reduction. That's all I can think of. I don't like your chances! Sorry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]