FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe can't find supported audio device

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Hutcheson
Adobe can't find supported audio device
on Aug 27, 2009 at 7:38:21 pm

I've installed Adobe Audition 3 and it is telling me it "can't find a supported audio device". I'm running it on a new quad core computer with VISTA. Isn't there a driver on here that it can recognize?

Thanks,

Don

Return to posts index

Jesse Ruggles
Re: Adobe can't find supported audio device
on Aug 28, 2009 at 8:58:42 pm

Hey Don,
Does this mean you got past your original DEP issue? What ended up working for you?
As to the audio hardware, Audition shouldn't have any problem working with the sound card on your computer. Did you check to see what showed up in the list in Edit -> Audio Hardware Setup?
If nothing shows up, you might want to check for an updated driver for your audio card. If you don't mind me asking, what computer do you have (is it a pre-built or something you built)? I know this might sound like a silly question, but outside of audition does your audio function properly?

Return to posts index

Don Hutcheson
on Aug 30, 2009 at 1:45:23 am

Hey Jesse,

When you say "Edit/Hardware/Setup", what program are you in when you select "Edit"? I can't even get into Audition because I get the error message as the program is refusing to open.
As for the DEP issue, it appears to be resolved (I'm holding my breath until the program fully opens). An Adobe tech person suggested I (a)disable Norton 360 (b) disable "User Account Contols" (c) reboot and (d) reinstall Audition.
It worked; no more DEP error message. (Note: the tech who built my desktop PC also recommended I dump Norton 360 and go back to the basic version, and we did that on my desktop editor. 360 invents too many conflicts) and most editors disable any security software or create a separate identity w/o internet and security software anyway.
To anwer your other question, the laptop is an HP Pavillion with quad-core and 4G memory. It's a back-up.

Thank you,

Don

Hutch

Return to posts index

Jesse Ruggles
on Sep 3, 2009 at 8:03:24 pm

Are you by any chance running a 64bit version of Vista on your laptop? Have you installed the Audition 3.0.1 patch? I dug around through a few different forums (including Adobe's) and there seems to be a pattern of Audition 3 having noted compatibility issues with Vista 64bit. Installing the 3.0.1 patch seems to be a hit-or-miss solution to the issue for a few people. Do you know specifically what the audio card is in that laptop?
I'm sorry if I seem bring more questions than answers. I haven't seen the issue myself (I'm running on Visa too, though 32bit), but I do want to help track down a solution to your predicament so I'm mainly trying to get some data to work with.

Return to posts index

Don Hutcheson
on Sep 3, 2009 at 11:36:03 pm

Thanks Jesse. The computer is a 64-bit Quad-core with 4mb memory. I assumed since I ordered the software a month ago that it had the appropriate updated includes. Maybe not. I will try the one you suggested. I wanted Adobe 3 because of the music loops, but I might have to go back to Version 1 just to get any use at all. Do you hear of many users "upgrading" to Windows XP? A lot of people in my industry (broadcasters who need unflinching reliability) are going back to XP, or downloading software that allows you to run both systems and choose at boot-up.

Thanks,

Don

Hutch

Return to posts index

Jesse Ruggles
on Sep 3, 2009 at 11:47:45 pm

A lot of people are going back to the stability of XP. The only thing you have to check on is that drivers exist for your hardware that support XP. Not all, but a growing number of laptops that were built specifically for Vista don't have driver support for XP.
We still have XP for all our studio/production computers as well. The only exception is my laptop with Vista.
Hopefully the 3.0.1 update will fix the issue for you.

Return to posts index

Frank Stone
on Oct 15, 2011 at 12:29:05 pm

I too have experienced your problem not being able to open the application, or if the application opens telling me that my audio device is not configured properly.

When an error message appears "Adobe can't find supported audio device" simply reboot your computer and if you are using a microphone, plug it in before you reboot your system.

I hope this helps resolve your problem.

Frank Stone

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]