FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition3 Vista "Data Execution Prevention" Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don HutchesonAudition3 Vista "Data Execution Prevention" Issue
by on Aug 15, 2009 at 5:33:33 pm

Adobe Audition 3 successfully installed, but won't open. As it attempts to open, Windows VISTA shuts it down and says it is causing a "Data Execution Prevention" problem. I went in and changed the settings so that this program was exempt from that regime in VISTA(and restarted the computer) but VISTA still won't let it open and gives the same reason. Solution?

Thank You,

Hutch

Return to posts index

Steven TalleyRe: Audition3 Vista "Data Execution Prevention" Issue
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 3:10:13 pm

Are you running as Administrator, Try right clicking on Audition and selecting "Run as Administrator"
If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and re-installing.

Return to posts index

Don HutchesonRe: Audition3 Vista "Data Execution Prevention" Issue
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 9:24:58 pm

I right-clicked, tried to run as Administrator and it's still no-go. Then uninstalled and reinstalled, and Vista is still closing it and giving me the "Data execution Protection" reason (even though I went into Vista after the first install and selected Adobe Audition as a program to exempt from Data Execution analysis).

I've used Adobe Audition in many forms (going back to Cool Edit) at work (broadcasting)for over a decade. Hopefully I can enjoy this new version in my video editing suite at some point.

Thank you,

Don

Hutch

Return to posts index

Jesse RugglesRe: Audition3 Vista "Data Execution Prevention" Issue
by on Aug 20, 2009 at 5:48:18 pm

Hold a second while I switch hats. Ok, audio production hat switched with IT admin hat.

First I recommend you verify which mode DEP is currently running in.

1. Right-click "My Computer" -> click properties
2. Click "System Protection" on the left-hand side
3. Click the "Advanced" tab at the top of the window that opens
4. Click "Settings" within the "Performance" section
5. Click the "Data Execution Prevention" tab on the new window
6. Verify that DEP is set to "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only"
7. Click "Ok" on the open windows and try to launch Audition again.

If you're still having the problem, you can turn off DEP entirely and see if the application will function then.

1. Start -> All Programs -> Right-Click "Command Prompt" -> Click "Run As Administrator"
2. Type the following (without the quotations): "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff"
3. Try launching Audition now.
4. If you decide to turn DEP back on, here's the command for that: "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn"

I hope that helps. If you don't mind, please post the result one way or the other. I'm sure everyone would be interested to see what happens.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 21, 2009 at 12:02:26 am

Jesse,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that tomorrow after I do a 6-10am radio show, then direct a two-camera taping of a major Radio Station/Budweiser party for 400 guests tomorrow night. BTW, this (relatively new) version of VISTA also had problems authenticating Premiere Pro CS4. So I am aware it is the O/S and NOT Adobe. The laptop is Quad-core with 4g memory, so hardware is not an issue.

Best,

Hutch

Return to posts index

by on Aug 21, 2009 at 12:02:58 am

Jesse,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that tomorrow after I do a 6-10am radio show, then direct a two-camera taping of a major Radio Station/Budweiser party for 400 guests tomorrow night. BTW, this (relatively new) version of VISTA also had problems authenticating Premiere Pro CS4. So I am aware it is the O/S and NOT Adobe. The laptop is Quad-core with 4g memory, so hardware is not an issue.

Best,

Hutch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]