FORUMS: list search recent posts

Echo on audio

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul BibbyEcho on audio
by on Jul 28, 2009 at 10:19:32 am

This is audio I recorded on the onboard mic of an conon xm2 it has a echo how would i remove it on audition. I did put a 10db boost on it. but that does'nt seem to be the problem. thanks for all the help

166_audioforcreativecow.mp3.zip

Return to posts index

Paul BibbyRe: Echo on audio
by on Jul 29, 2009 at 5:47:08 am

Is there no one that can help

Return to posts index

Emmett AndrewsRe: Echo on audio
by on Jul 29, 2009 at 8:45:23 pm

No, because it can't bd done. As a video guy, you can compare it to trying to remove the dark from something filmed at night with no lights and trying to make it look like a sunny day.

Return to posts index

Steven TalleyRe: Echo on audio
by on Jul 30, 2009 at 1:24:49 am

Curiosity got me to look at your clip and just by running the Acapella filter I was able to lessen the room ambiance. Some coloration appeared but EQing helped with that. Give it a try if you haven't already.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 30, 2009 at 6:07:25 am

Hi Steve, at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot were do I find the Acapella filter I have audition 2.0 and I've looked everywhere,
could you perhaps post a screen shot I would really appreciate it thanks for your time,I'm more of a Premier and after effects guy sound still baffles me.

Return to posts index

Steven TalleyRe: Echo on audio
by on Jul 31, 2009 at 4:47:50 am

Sorry Paul, I was using 1.5 and the later versions don't seem to have the effect. How bizarre, they removed this effect in later versions. That's just stupid if you ask me.
So what now? YouTube has everything, I found a clip that may help.

I tried it with your sample and it helps.

You do have Vocal Remover in Favorites in Edit mode, Yes? Good.
Load your audio clip into Audition in Edit mode, run vocal remover from the Favorites menu tab, now play. You should hear ambient vocals with the echo you want to remove. Now open the Effects menu and click Invert, then save this new file.
Now load both the original and the new file into Audition. Add each one to the multitrack. Now playback and save (if it works). Volume should be equal for each file. Mixing down to mono helps also.
Check out the video link (above) if you want to know how it works.
Enjoy
Steve

Return to posts index

by on Jul 31, 2009 at 7:15:54 am

Thanks so much for the very detailed explination it help alot thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]